The Children's Bible - Joseph A. Grispino,  Samuel Terrien,  David H. Wice an enjoyable introduction to the Bible, if you're into that kind of thing. bogs down a bit during the new testament. the vivid, technicolor illustrations are what have stuck with me over the years; i think they are pretty much the visual template for all of my most memorable dreams. for that, i thank you Golden Children's Bible! i still bring this one down from the shelf from time to time, if only to appreciate the cinematic imagery.

__________

so mom and dad bought this one for me. i'm not sure why - when i was growing up, dad was an atheist and mom thought God was a floaty energy type being. but it definitely came from the terrible twosome because young mark monday apparently had to sign the nameplate for them:

Photobucket

i am assuming that "insighned" actually meant "unsigned". must be, right? i'm also sorta disappointed that i neglected to put down an actual date.

__________

and now here is my current Favorite Awesome Review, brought to you by Moe, for this book right here!

I was curious about Adam and Eve and mom said this book has some awesome stories in it. It's not a book I'm going to read all the way through because it is already making me crazy with all the boring stuff. I read about Creation, Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, Noah's Ark, and the Tower of Babel. These stories can be good but some are sad. I liked the story of the serpent in the garden the best. I thought the story of Babel was sad because all of these people wanted to make it up all the way to god and actually achieve a goal, but god ruined it for everybody. I would like them all working together. So far, the Christian god isn't very nice in these stories. I thought he was nice, but now he's all "You should do everything my way instead of yours."