The Children's Bible - Joseph A. Grispino,  Samuel Terrien,  David H. Wice an enjoyable introduction to the Bible, if you're into that kind of thing. bogs down a bit during the new testament. the vivid, technicolor illustrations are what have stuck with me over the years; i think they are pretty much the visual template for all of my most memorable dreams. for that, i thank you Golden Children's Bible! i still bring this one down from the shelf from time to time, if only to appreciate the cinematic imagery.

so mom and dad bought this one for me. i'm not sure why - when i was growing up, dad was an atheist and mom thought God was a floaty energy type being. but it definitely came from the terrible twosome because young mark monday apparently had to sign the nameplate for them:

i am assuming that "insighned" actually meant "unsigned". must be, right? i'm also sorta disappointed that i neglected to put down an actual date.

and now here is my current Favorite Awesome Review, brought to you by Moe, for this book right here!

I was curious about Adam and Eve and mom said this book has some awesome stories in it. It's not a book I'm going to read all the way through because it is already making me crazy with all the boring stuff. I read about Creation, Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel, Noah's Ark, and the Tower of Babel. These stories can be good but some are sad. I liked the story of the serpent in the garden the best. I thought the story of Babel was sad because all of these people wanted to make it up all the way to god and actually achieve a goal, but god ruined it for everybody. I would like them all working together. So far, the Christian god isn't very nice in these stories. I thought he was nice, but now he's all "You should do everything my way instead of yours."